Our founder, Thomas Kinkade, was well known for his paintings of cottages, cabins, and lighthouses. He loved to extensively travel, and one of his family’s favorite destinations was the Cotswolds of England. Taking time to stroll through the quaint villages was ideal inspiration to Thom for creating some of his best-known paintings.
The olde weathered stone bridge offers just a bit of shade to the family of ducks lazily traversing the rippling brook that passes through the village. As a sweet fragrance from the summer flowers drifts on the soft breeze, the peacefulness beckons all to stroll through and enjoy Summer in Cobblestone Village.
- Summer in Cobblestone Village is the fourth painting in the Bridges of Inspiration The first three paintings in this series are Bridge of Hope, Fall at Foxcreek Bridge, and A Winter’s Calm.
- Each Limited Edition Artwork in the Bridges of Inspiration Collection is set in a different season of the year, highlighting the beauty and wonder of Mother Nature.
- Summer in Cobblestone Village is also inspired by Thomas Kinkade’s best-selling Cobblestone Lane series, which he finished in 2007 with the painting Cobblestone Evening.
- Two tributes to Thomas Kinkade can be found in this painting. The flower shop in the center of the painting is named after Thom, and the bridge features lamps in the shape of his signature lightposts.
- Thomas and Nanette Kinkade loved traveling to the English Cotswolds, where they experienced some of the wonderful tea rooms that England is known for. Can you find the tea room included in Summer in Cobblestone Village?
Estate Edition Sketch
Here is the E/E sketch for Summer in Cobblestone Village.
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
- Unique Hand-Drawn Sketch On The Back Of The Canvas