The Millennium Falcon™ is traveling to Alderaan™ to deliver the secret plans stored in R2-D2™. As the ship exits hyperspace, the planet is mysteriously gone, and a TIE fighter™ speeds by on the way to a mysterious moon. In actuality, it is headed to the Empire’s ultimate weapon – the Death Star™.
This epic story continues as Han Solo™ and Chewbacca™ have taken up the fight against a group of Stormtroopers so that Luke Skywalker™ and Princess Leia™ can safely make their way back to the Millennium Falcon. With Luke and Princess Leia only one step ahead of some Stormtroopers, they discover that Luke has accidentally disabled the retractable bridge. Now their only path to safety is to swing from one side to the other. After Princess Leia kisses Luke on the cheek for luck, the two swing for their lives, on the run and seeking the safety of the Millennium Falcon.
Thomas Kinkade Studios is pleased to present On the Run.
- On the Run is the second Thomas Kinkade Studios Limited Edition Art to feature an epic scene from Star Wars: A New Hope™. The first painting was Obi-Wan’s Final Battle.
- On the Run is the first work of art in the Star Wars Collection by Thomas Kinkade Studios to highlight Princess Leia™.
- In this scene, Leia has just provided cover for herself and Luke Skywalker™, using the blaster that Luke took from a Stormtrooper.
- Two Stormtroopers can be seen lying down, firing their blasters. They have, of course, missed our heroes, but the blasts from their blasters have created smoke with a pink glow, which is portrayed in the signature luminous style of the Thomas Kinkade Studios.
Estate Edition Sketch
Here is the E/E sketch for On the Run.
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
- Unique Hand-Drawn Sketch On The Back Of The Canvas