“No other holiday is more joyful than Christmas.”
~ Thomas Kinkade
Thomas Kinkade loved to visit the coast. He often painted the lighthouses he and his family would visit. To Thom, a lighthouse was seen as a harbinger of protection and hope, and cottages as a symbol of family, with golden light pouring from the cottage’s windows, reflecting the cozy comfort of the life lived within.
Christmas is a time for family and friends to come together to celebrate the season – to make merry and lavish love and gifts on each other. Christmas is also memorable and filled with diverse traditions. Home is where the season is celebrated, be it in a large city, countryside, or by the sea. Join Thomas Kinkade Studios as we celebrate a Christmas Lighthouse.
- Christmas Lighthouse captures three central themes that Thomas Kinkade and the Thomas Kinkade Studios are well known for – Christmas celebrations, the warmth of a family’s love symbolized by a cottage, and hope represented by the steadfast lighthouse.
- Christmas traditions are celebrated in Thomas Kinkade Studios’ stunning library of holiday art. Although every scene is set in a different location, each Kinkade holiday painting includes a festive wreath, many Christmas trees, twinkling lights, and fresh snow.
- The comfort and love of time with family is a focal point of Christmas Lighthouse. The trio of snowmen on the front lawn, along with the warm lights emanating from the cottage, is symbolic of a family and cherished memories made together.
- The lighthouse, providing a beacon to guide the boat home, represents the idea that no matter the size of the challenges we face, our faith, family and friendships can help us navigate life’s storms. Christmas Lighthouse reminds us of all the good things we have and gives us hope to overcome whatever challenges we face.
- Did you know that Thomas Kinkade painted a winter lighthouse early in his career titled Block Island, which captures the iconic “Southeast” lighthouse in Rhode Island?
Estate Edition Sketch
Here is the E/E sketch for Christmas Lighthouse.
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
- Unique Hand-Drawn Sketch On The Back Of The Canvas